Tuesday 26 February 2019

February Book Haul 2019

February was Victoria Schwab month for no reason other than I was just in the mood for her books. I've only actually read one Victoria Schwab book before (Vicious), so I'm really hoping it wasn't a fluke and that I love all of her books.

A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2)- V. E. Schwab
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3)- V. E Schwab 
I went a little crazy with V. E. Schwab this month... no regrets. I've had the first book of this series for a couple of years but have never picked it up because I like reading series back-to-back - especially when all the books are released. I hate waiting and I've heard so many great things about this series. (And so far, having just finished the first book, I'm so happy I got these because waiting would've been painful!)

Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2)- V. E. Schwab
And since I was on a V. E. Schwab roll, I thought, what the heck, let's just buy all of her books that the bookstore has. Again, I've had the first book of this series for a while, This Savage Song, but I'm hesitant to go into them without knowing I could read the whole series in one. Now I don't have to worry about that! (Though, I'm not sure of this series is a duology or longer...)

In Love- Alfred Hayes
Over the February college break, me and a few of my friends when on a nice trip to the book store (because isn't that what all the cool kids are doing these days?) and saw that Waterstones was doing a blind-date with a book (... the only date I'll be going on this year). Essentially, they had a display of books wrapped up in paper and the idea is to choose a book at random. Each package has five words describing what the book is like so you can generally pick a genre that interests you. The book I chose was "moody, tortured, raw, emotional, AMAZING' and I ended up with In Love by Alfred Hayes! Honestly, I've never heard of this book before but it actually looks pretty good and it's really tiny so shouldn't take me long at all to read.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. How about Sunday? I happen to have two tickets to a writing and publishing convention. Very romantic, I know ;)

      Delete