Thursday 26 January 2017

World After- Susan Ee BOOK TALK

***
World After is the second instalment in the Angelfall trilogy and...it's a victim of the second book slump, unfortunately.
I have to admit that I'm a tad bit disappointed with this series so far. I've heard a lot of hype about this trilogy so I've built it up in my mind to be a lot better than it is. I had pretty high expectations and I don't think that's helped. But don't get me wrong; I like these books. They're just not as good as I'd expected.
World After was very very slow and it took a good 200 pages to actually get to anything moderately exciting. It dragged massively for me and really put me off the series.
I have a Book Talk for Angelfall which I'll link here in case you missed it!

AMAZON


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I don't have too much to say about this book because... not much happened.
One word springs to mind when I think about this book. Slow.
Not much had really happened and I was 200 pages in. We'd been to the Resistance camp and achieved nothing, Paige had been taken (again...) and then Penryn, her mum and Clara had been caught. That was it. A bit disappointing really. It felt like there wasn't really much to happen and the writer was simply trying to take up page time so she could make it into a trilogy. This series really didn't need to be three books.

As Raffe didn't come back into the book for the majority of it (!!!!) there wasn't as much witty and humorous dialogue- or any dialogue, for that matter. This made the book not as entertaining and especially made it seem to drag.
I had to wait 314 pages for them to finally meet again and Raffe got over the whole 'I thought you were dead' situation way too quickly to be considered realistic!
At least then, with Raffe, the book was more interesting and enjoyable- I love how they constantly bicker.
I love the whole Pooky Bear naming ordeal as well- it added well-needed humour.
Now that Raffe has wings- though, not his own- everything is so much easier. Flying is so much quicker and a more efficient transport. Plus, let's face it, the way he holds Penryn is adorable.
I honestly thought that as Raffe had seen Penryn die, he would discard all the stupid rules about their kinds and let himself be with her- life is too short as he could lose her at any moment and he should make the most of his time with her and all that but....no. I was severely disappointed. We're dragging this drama out as long as possible it seems...
World After was a bit of struggle to get through but I'm hoping that End of Days will be more entertaining and that lots more will happen- it is the finale after all and we have a lot to sort out.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment