Tuesday 10 January 2017

Scarlet- Marissa Meyer BOOK TALK

*****
Scarlet is the second book in The Lunar Chronicles and it was good. Yeah. Good.
It still follows characters from Cinder (yay! We still see Cinder and Kai!) but adds in many more characters and their stories.
Originally I thought this series would be four separate stories but it's actually one giant story and, with each book, we gather more and more people to join our kick-ass crew (led by none other than Cinder and Captain Thorne).
I liked Scarlet (the character) and Wolf was okay but I can't say I prefer them over Cinder. I skim read most of Scarlet and Wolf's chapters simply so that I could get to another Cinder perspective. I also loved the new addition of Thorne- he added comedic gold and A+ sass to the books.
I have a Book talk for Cinder which I'll link here if you missed it!

AMAZON

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Where do I even begin?
I liked Scarlet. I like Wolf. Do I love them? No. Honestly, all throughout this book I was skim reading their chapters until I got to a Cinder or Kai one again. I don't dislike them but I just didn't seem to care about what they were doing. I don't care about Scarlet's grandmother and Wolf was way too brooding for my taste. Wolf also has some serious anger management issues.

I did, however, love Scarlet's quick temper and determination. She's incredibly feisty and I liked that. Of course I ship Scarlet and Wolf- Wolf isn't a bad guy. It's just that their relationship progressed very quickly and I ship Cinder and Kai so much more.
Moving onto Cinder...
Her escape from the prison was epic and I was grinning through the whole thing. Especially when we met extremely flirty Captain Thorne. Thorne was the best comic relief and listening to him and Cinder bicker constantly made my day.
But my favourite part had to be the return of Iko! She kicks ass as a ship. I love her- she's freaking brilliant. And when Thorne was flirting with her?! I was swooning right then and there (in between my laughing).

Iko: You're...rather handsome, Captain Thorne.
Thorne: And you, my fine lady, are the most gorgeous ship in these skies, and don't let anyone tell you different.
Cinder: Iko, are you intentionally blushing?

It's beautiful!!
I love how the character plots are staring to integrate and I'm thinking that, with each book, more characters are going to join the crew and it's going to be epic! I'm glad that we still got to see a lot of Cinder but I'm so frustrated that Kai doesn't know she's Princess Seline yet!!! He needs to find out in the next book or I swear I'm going to riot.
I'm excited for Cinder to start training and to become even more freaking awesome than she already is.
I'm pretty much convinced that Thorne will be Cress' love interest but... we shall see. We shall see.

Thanks so much for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment