Sunday 28 March 2021

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn | BOOK REVIEW

 * * * *

Non-spoiler

Immediately, I can say that I enjoyed this so much more than the first book! Maybe it was my love of Anthony. Maybe it was my love of Kate. Or maybe it was because I am complete trash for the enemies-to-lovers trope.

I had so much fun reading this book. Anthony and Kate were a perfect pairing and watching their banter and conversations made me feel so full! Kate was infinitely a better female protagonist to Daphne. Kate was smart and funny and stubborn and stood up for herself. Paired with Anthony (who I adore), they were perfect.

I liked that their relationship was a slower pace than Daphne and Simon’s and felt more natural. It was nice to see how protective Kate was of her sister Edwina and I also loved delving into Anthony’s past a bit more and discovering how close he was to his father.

Overall, this book was so much better than The Duke and I and it has me undeniably excited for season 2 of Bridgerton. I think the casting of Kate is perfect and I can’t wait to see her character brought to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment