Thursday 4 March 2021

Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout | BOOK REVIEW

 * * * * *

Non-spoiler

I didn't know what to expect from Scorched (and not just because the blurb on the back was the wrong book...). I was hoping for a spicy enemies-to-lovers and it was kinda that but also so much more. This story touched on some really difficult and hard-hitting topics which I really appreciated. 

Compared to Frigid, I preferred Andrea and Tanner as characters. They were more entertaining and I lived for their flirty banter. They had a great dynamic and I found them more complex and interesting than Kyler and Sydney. Their romance was more intense and I was rooting for them from the very first page. 

While Frigid had a more 'thriller/mystery' element, Scorched dived straight into mental health subplot. I really appreciated how such delicate subjects were handled liked depression, anxiety and alcoholism were handled. This book got pretty serious at points but the struggles enhanced the romance and made the story and characters so much more realistic. 

Generally, I preferred Scorched to Frigid due to the depth and complexity of the plot and characters but both stories are amazing. These books are addictive and perfect reads for quick romance fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment