Wednesday 24 February 2021

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout | BOOK REVIEW

* * * * *

Non-spoiler

I’m never shocked that I rate a JLA book 5 stars… it’s expected now. I love a contemporary romance and I especially love it when they’re written by my favourite author. This was a lovely friends-to-lovers romance and, the fact that it snowed where I am whilst reading this, made it even more immersive. It’s a perfect winter read.

Sydney and Kyler were great protagonists. They had great chemistry and a scorching romance. I will admit, there were a couple of times where I just wanted to shake them for being so oblivious, but that’s the fun of friends-to-lovers. Watching their relationship develop was entrancing and I couldn’t put the book down.

What I love most about Jen’s contemporary books is that it’s not all about the romance. There’s often subtle subplots and additions of thriller/mystery which makes everything so much more gripping. There was a stalker subplot to this book and, while the ‘antagonist’ was pretty predictable, it added another element and layer of intrigue to the book.

Overall, I loved everything about this story. It was compelling from start to finish and Jen is a master at writing sweet but scorching romances with swoon-worthy characters. I’m really excited to move on to the next book, Scorched, to read Tanner and Andrea’s story! Fingers crossed for enemies-to-lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment