Tuesday 26 December 2017

December Wrap Up 2017

With a stroke of luck, I managed to reach my reading goal for 2017! I aimed for 75 books and read exactly 75!! I think I'll lower it to 50 next year because I'm a lot busier than I used to be with college and work and, of course, my writing. I don't have as much time to read but next year, I want to focus on reading new releases more, rather than just re-reading (which I did a lot of this year).

Undone- Cat Clarke (Re-read)
* * * * * 
After banging on about it constantly, I finally re-read it! I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first billion times and I love picking up the tiny details that I missed before. This story has a special place in my heart and it's weird that soon I'll be older than the protagonist when I've spent so many years looking up to her...



Secrets for the Mad- dodie
* * * *
I don't have a massive love for Youtuber books on principle but I made an exception this once because I love dodie. I listen to her songs religiously and she spreads such an important message about mental health and other topics. This book did feel a little dense at times but it was still an enlightening read and, might add, very freaking beautiful!






Poison Study (Ixia Chronicles #1)- Maria V. Snyder
* * * *
I was really impressed with this book. It had a nice, unique plot and I sped through it really quickly.
I would compare it to Throne of Glass because the protagonists are very similar in regards to their situation and the world is full of magic, royalty and intrigue. It was a strong start to the series and created a lot of potential.
Poison Study Book Talk




Magic Study (Ixia Chronicles #2)- Maria V. Snyder 

* * *
This was a good sequel but it did suffer a slight second-book-slump. While I admire it for being so ambitious, the descriptions at time got a little out of hand and confusing. A huge element of magic was shovelled into this book but sometimes the magic was too confusing to keep up with and there were no rules to ground it. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the main story and will continue to read the rest of the series.



Fire Study (Ixia Chronicles #3)- Maria V. Snyder
Technically, I'm currently reading this book but I'm still putting it towards my 2017 reading challenge because I'll definitely finish it by the 31st. While the second book was a tad disappointing, I'm holding a lot of hopes on this one pulling the story back... fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment