Thursday 28 December 2017

December Christmas Book Haul 2017

Christmas came and went and books were collected. I don't get too many books for Christmas because all of my family try to avoid getting me books because everyone thinks that everyone else will get me them...

What's A Girl Gotta Do?- Holly Bourne
How Hard Can Love Be?- Holly Bourne 
These are the second two books in Holly Bourne's Spinster series. The first book, Am I Normal Yet?, was very good and has got me really excited for the rest of the series. Holly Bourne is one of my favourite contemporary authors- my favourite book of hers being, Soulmates, which reduces me to tears every time I read it. I'm particularly looking forward to What's A Girl Gotta Do? because it focuses on Feminism and that's just my sort of topic to sink my teeth into. 



On Writing- Stephen King
I really wanted to get a writing book this year because I'm becoming more and more serious about my writing and so, I decided to start with the best of the best- Stephen King. This writing book was recommended to me by a friend that loves Stephen King and is actually an author and editor herself... so, I thought it was a good space to start.

Girlhood- Cat Clarke 
I've been really meaning to read this book and now I'll be pushed to actually start it. I've had a digital arc for a while but haven't had the time to get to it so now I'll hopefully jump straight into the book. Cat Clarke is the author of one of my favourite contemporary books of all time, Undone, and I have really high hopes for this book.

Milk and Honey- Rupi Kaur 
After my big poetry kick in November, I became a big fan of Rupi Kaur's poems in The Sun and Her Flowers. I think I'll save this book for the summer but I'm super excited to jump into more of her poetry.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what books did you get for Xmas? Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. My family do that too!
    They either assume I will get loads or that I have way too many anyway

    ReplyDelete