Saturday 4 June 2016

The Book Courtship TAG



1. Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover?
Red Queen- Victoria Aveyard
Obviously I wanted to read the actual book but Red Queen is always my go-to for a beautiful cover. The cover is stunning and the rest of the series is following nicely, so far.





2. First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary?
Dorothy Must Die- Danielle Paige
This summary gripped me in from the beginning as I'd never read a Wizard of Oz retelling and this seemed like an awesome and twisted version. I'm so happy I picked it up because it was great!







3. Sweet Talk: A book with great writing?
We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
We Were Liars had a beautiful writing style. It was eerie, poetic and flowed so nicely throughout the book. It was filled with powerful metaphors and you could easily tell that Lockhart had put a lot of thought and effort into her writing style. It paid off!!!



4. First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pick up the rest of the series?
Glass Houses- Rachel Caine
The Morganville Vampire series is not talked about very often but I definitely think it should be praised more. Yes, it's a 15 book series and this can be daunting but I think it's worth it. Once you get stuck in, you can't stop. And by the 15th book, you don't want it to end.






5. Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night?
The DUFF- Kody Keplinger
I remember reading this book and I literally stayed up all night to finish it. It was on my Kindle so I was able to hide under my duvet and read it in the dark. (This was how I got away with it with my parents- they thought I was asleep). I read all night until I finished it. I started it in the evening and just sped through the whole book. So so so good!



6. Always on my mind: A book you couldn’t stop thinking about?
Queen of Shadows- Sarah J. Maas
Once finishing this book, I had no idea what to do with myself. I needed to wait for the next book (I'm still patiently waiting) but I wanted the next book straight away! I ended up getting into a really bad book slump and watched Booktube videos constantly. (Most the time, I watched Sarah J. Maas interviews because she is the funniest person alive. I love her.)





7. Getting Physical: A book which you love the way it feels?
Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell
There's a really nice feel to the book and the ridges of the title are lovely to feel. Honestly, I simply sit down and stroke this book. Anyone relate?






8. Meeting the parents: A book you would recommend to your family and friends?
Wolf by Wolf- Ryan Graudin
I cannot stop raving about this book. I loved it so much and think that it suits a lot of genre preferences. Romance? Check. Fantasy? Check. Action? Check. Historical? Check.





9. Thinking about the future: A book or series you know you will re-read many times in the future?
Many of the books in this list alone will be re-read and there are so many more I can't count! I definitely know I will read the Gallagher Academy series many more times than already have. I've read this series by Ally Carter so many times already and can see myself reading it a great deal more.


10.  Share the love: Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to do this! Go for it!!!


Thanks for reading. See you soon,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment