Sunday 12 January 2020

Forever Fictional's Fourth Birthday!!!

Another year has passed and Forever Fictional is now four years old- my baby blog is getting well through it's toddler years!
Like always, I wanted to look back over the year and mention my favourite moments and posts! It's also a nice time to thank everyone who follows, likes and comments on my blog. I appreciate everyone's support and love so much and I'm super grateful for the bookish friends I've met online.

Favourite Posts: (linked)

Favourite TV Females
I wrote this post at the very beginning of the year and I still love it. It details my four favourite females in TV shows and... my choices have not changed in the slightest. I'm all about feminism and female empowerment so this post was really cool and fun for me to write.

Escapril 2019
I participated in 'escapril' last year- an instagram challenge where you write and post a poem every single day based on a prompt. I created an instagram account specifically for this because I'd never had one before and I really loved doing this. Sure, some of my poems were downright crappy but it's good practice of sharing your work.

Avengers: Endgame Review
I was so impressed with this movie and I'm still so proud of my monster of a review. It took me a long time. No joke. And I was pretty much crying through the most of it. This was my favourite movie last year (practically of all time) and I love this review because it will forever encapsulate my initial thoughts and feelings after watching Endgame for the first time.

Growing Up
I turned 18 early last year and this was kind of an existential crisis post where I realised I was the same age or even older than some of my favourite characters! It's a strange moment to realise that characters you've looked up to your whole life are actually younger than you now. Even stranger, characters that I'd been writing that were older than me when I first started writing them and are now younger than me!

The Rise of Bookstagram
More recently, my blog has been a little neglected due to my new obsession with Bookstagram and... I regret nothing. Bookstagram is so amazing- I've built such a great group of other book lovers that I can chat to and everyone is so lovely and supportive of everyone else! I think the book community is one of the best groups online and I'm so grateful to be a part of it on so many different platforms.
My bookstagram also led to a makeover of my blog design which I'm in love with. I changed the blue colour scheme to something a lot warmer and cosier and, more importantly, matched my current Bookstagram aesthetic. I was a little nervous to change it but I love the new style.

Shows
I saw some amazing shows this year which is something I love doing. I saw Grease, The Bodyguard and Dirty Dancing at a local theatre. I went to see Hamilton (yet again!) at the West End which was just amazing as the first time and I also saw a local parody musical of Friends! I'm a massive fan of shows and can't wait to see what next year brings (Dear Evan Hansen may or may not be the first one I have booked...)

Writing
If you don't already know, I'm an aspiring author and have been working on my writing for years and years. This past year has been interesting in terms of my current projects- I don't want to go into too much detail as I have a full post explaining my most recent changes. The first eight months of the year were spent working on the fourth draft of a project that I loved so much. But then, for...reasons, I had to push that project to the side so the last couple of months has been me outlining and starting the first draft of my new project! It's been a little hard starting from square one after spending a good two years on my previous project but... onwards and upwards. I have a full post about all this that I might publish soon. We'll see.

Personal
On a more personal level, this year has been a major change for me. From doing my A Level exams, leaving college, getting my first car, seeing my friends go off to Uni and starting a full-time apprenticeship... it's sometimes been hard to find space to breathe. But I've found that some changes have really pushed me out of my comfort zone and I've been better because of it. There's still so many things I want to get better at and improve about myself but... that's for future me to worry about.

And there we have it! Another year of Forever Fictional! I have some great goals and things planned for the next year which I'm really excited about.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing,
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! It's so nice to see how you have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four years in the blogosphere are A LOT these days. If you make it through the first 3-5 years, it means you're here to stay 🙂. I hope you're going to have an amazing new year (not only in terms of blogging) and I'm looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete