Friday 5 July 2019

May/ June Haul 2019

As I lost track of blogging last month and haven't actually bought that much recently (pat on the back for me), I'm combining my May and June book purchases.

Vox- Christina Dalcher
This feels like ages ago now but I bought this book in the beginning of May and read it straight away because it was awesome. It's an amazing but terrifying premise where women are only allowed to speak a certain number of words a day otherwise they get shocked. I read this book back in May and it was absolutely amazing.
Vox Review

Eliza and Her Monsters- Francesca Zappia
I've heard so much hype about this book and, because it was buy one get one half price in Waterstones (I'm a sucker for a deal), I thought I may as well get it and see what the hype is all about. I actually got round to reading it in June as well so my thoughts will be in my Wrap Up.

Normal People- Sally Rooney
This is another book that I've seen being talked about so many times and yet... I have no idea what it's about. All I've heard are great things, it intrigued me, so I'm hoping it's good.

Obsession- Jennifer L. Armentrout
Wicked- Jennifer L. Armentrout 
And, because I finished my exams in June and I deserved to treat myself, I couldn't resist adding to my JLA collection. I've nearly got a full shelf of JLA books so I'm doing pretty well. Obsession is a spin-off book of the Lux series following the Arum which I'm super excited about (though, decidedly less excited about the poor trashy-romance covers these amazing books get) and Wicked is the first of a separate trilogy that I know absolutely nothing about. All I know is that I won't be reading even a page of Wicked until I have the other two books because, when it comes to compelling JLA reads, it's just torture to wait between books and I don't want to put myself through that emotional trauma.

Two Guys and a Girl Boxset (Series 1-4)
In May, I started watching odd episodes from season 4 even though I'd never seen an episode in my life and I kind of got obsessed with it! So, because I have a bit of free time now exams are over, I decided to get the boxset of all four seasons so I could binge watch them!

Dear Evan Hansen West End tickets!!
I've loved this musical for so long and I'm so excited to be seeing it in the West End! As always, I'll be going with my mum and I can't wait because it'll be such an emotional but amazing performance- I'll probably be sobbing by the end of it. The tickets are for April 2020, so it's a bit of a wait but, then again, I waited over 15 months for Hamilton so, again, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Great haul! Eliza and her Monsters has caught my eye for a while now. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it.

    New follower!

    bookstune.blogspot.com :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Eliza and her Monsters is super adorable so I'd definitely recommend it :)
      x

      Delete
  2. YES!!!! You're reading Eliza and Her Monsters! I loved it and I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love it- it was adorable and a love letter to all things fandom! It gave me proper Fangirl vibes but with an artsy twist! xx

      Delete