Wednesday 10 July 2019

June Wrap Up 2019

I didn't read all that much in June and I definitely binge watched a lot of TV instead. But, hopefully, since my exams are now over and I can salvage back some brain energy, I won't need the easy entertainment of TV as much.

BOOKS
Till Death- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read)
* * * * *
When I have no idea what to read, I go back to Jennifer L. Armentrout. It's as simple as that. This is a romantic thriller and I loved it just as much as the first time I read it. JLA always manages to write effortlessly compelling books with lots of twists and insanely lovable characters and Till Death is no different. This book is actually an adult book when the majority of JLA's collection is YA which means this story is a little more gruesome and explicit but, regardless, I love it.

Collide- Nicole Sobon (ARC)
*
This was an arc sent to me via Netgalley and... it was awful. I can't even sugarcoat it. It was as if the author had written an entire novel but then, at the last minute, decided they actually wanted the story to be a series, so randomly split the novel into sections. Nothing happened! There was no conflict, resolution, ending.... it was basically just an introduction to characters before it finished. Suffice it to say, I was very very disappointed.

Draft 3 of my Manuscript (No, I'm Not Revealing the Title)- Me 
* * * *
So I spent a good week going through what I have of the third draft of my manuscript so far and it's so annoying because it doesn't even contribute to my Goodreads challenge... But still, I actually really enjoyed giving this a read. I've been away from working on my book for a couple of months due to revision and exams getting in the way but I'm super excited to get stuck into things again. The first chapters are a little wobbly, but I'm super pleased with the general book and what changes I've made since the first draft (some of them being major changes). I'm really looking forward to working and progressing with this story even further.

Eliza and Her Monsters- Francesca Zappia
* * * *
I've seen so much hype surrounding this book and I can never go onto Goodreads without this book popping up at least twice in my timeline. Eliza and Her Monsters was a very comforting read because it celebrates fandoms and being nerdy and, naturally, I love that stuff. It kind of reminded of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell but with a bit more of an artsy twist. I loved the characters, the storyline and overall feel of the story. Definitely worth the hype it's getting.


TV and MOVIES
Big Little Lies (Season 1)
* * * * *
I can't rave about this show enough. It blew all my expectations out of the park and, by the finale, I was screaming at the TV and gasping in shock because I couldn't handle all my emotions. What's super unique and intriguing about this show is that, it's a murder mystery essentially, but it's not just a simple 'whodunnit' because you don't know who the killer is or the victim. And I loved this aspect because, while you suspect everyone, anyone could be the victim as well. It made it hard to be suspicious of anyone because they could be the victim as well. The reveal was unpredictable, the characters flawed and the episodes addictive- I'd recommend everyone go and watch this series.
Full review coming soon!

Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place (Season 1)
* * * * 
Two Girls, A Girl and a Pizza Place (Season 2)
* * * *
I got super obsessed with the fourth and final season of this show last month so I decided to go to the beginning and watch it in the order it was supposed to be viewed. This show has really become an addiction of mine (though, don't worry, no sitcom will ever rival my love of F.r.i.e.n.d.s). Two Guys and a Girl stars a young and dashing Ryan Reynolds (which is always a bonus) and it's really fun and feel-good. It's easy to watch and doesn't require much thought which I'm really liking at the moment.


Started-
Love Island (Season 5)
Killing Eve (Season 2)
Teen Wolf (Season 5- Rewatch)
Two Guys and a Girl (Season 3)

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Eliza and Her Monsters was one I'm glad I read before the hype, hype tends to scare me off of a book usually but it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite- I'm easily pleased so, if a book's hyped, I know I'll probably like it XD

      Delete