Saturday 11 May 2019

Vox- Christina Dalcher BOOK TALK

* * * *
Foreword: Vox is about an extreme government taking over America and limiting women to speaking only 100 words a day. Women wear counters on their wrists and get shocked if they go over 100 words. Not to mention, they also lose their jobs, financial control, passports and are forced into the submissive and domestic role of the household. So, in the interest of this book, I've limited the following review to 100 words just to show how little it really is. And, of course, no spoilers. 

Vox infuriated me in the best way possible. The premise was terrifying and shocking. I had to endlessly curse at the many unbelievably misogynistic characters and the scariest thing is people like this actually exist!
But other characters were super empowering- their strength was admirable. I'm a massive feminist so this book incorporated everything I love. Girl power soars and I was living for it!
I was originally going to rate Vox five stars but the ending felt a bit rushed, manic and sloppy which forced me to drop a star. Regardless, it's a stunning read everyone should pick up!

[100 word limit reached]

6 comments:

  1. That's crazy how few words 100 is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so bad at over-writing so this was such a challenge for me! Usually I just waffle on forever

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea for a review, and very well executed. What an interesting idea for a book, however also absolutely horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? It's an interesting but absolutely horrifying book XD

      Delete
  3. "infuriated me in the best way possible" Yeah... that about sums it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I didn't even need 100 words to sum up the book- only seven! XD
      xx

      Delete