Sunday 6 March 2022

House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas | BOOK REVIEW

* * * * *

Spoilers

I don’t even know where to start with this book. There’s so much to talk about and it was all amazing! I’m tempting to start with the ending because I’m still gobsmacked but I’ll restrain myself.

Firstly, Bryce and Hunt. They were perfection. I loved the progression of their relationship and that they’re mates! I love how their power intertwines and how supportive they are of each other. They talk through everything and their bond is amazing. Power couple right there.

I loved watching Bryce’s journey to becoming a princess and seizing her power. Both her and Hunt are formidable opponents.

But, in this book, I have to say that Ruhn was my favourite character. He’s just so supportive and caring and honest. He never once acts jealous of Bryce’s power- he loves her too much. He’s not proud or jealous like so many other siblings would be.

His scenes with Day were my favourite. Initially, I predicted it was either Celestina or Hypaxia but both of them were ruled out at the same time. After that, I guessed it was the Hind because it all lined up. She turned up at midnight just after the Harpy and I knew it had to be someone we knew. Pollux was the aggressive male that kept interrupting them. We also had a scene quite early in the book where the Harpy and Hind interact with Ithan and Ruhn- I thought it was a random scene but made sense if she was Day as it introduced them to each other as enemies. I was so happy to guess it right because the scene where they find out was amazing! I ship Ruhn and Lidia so bad!

Another of my favourite character was strangely Flynn. I think he’s underrated, okay? I loved how him, Declan and Ruhn so quickly and easily befriended Ithan, and I love that the sprites follow him around everywhere like fangirls. Also, why is there a part of me that ships him with Ariadne?

Ithan and Tharion were way more important than I ever thought they would be. I didn’t care too much about Ithan’s storyline but I love Tharion! I’m so interested to see where his journey with the Viper Queen is going to go.

This book was action-packed and there were so many plot twists to unveil. Cormac’s involvement in Ophion, Baxian (who I adore) being Danika’s mate, and the truth behind the Asteri’s power. I definitely think Hel is going to be a powerful ally and our characters will team up with them in an epic battle against the Asteri.

And then… the ending. When I tell you I put the book down and squealed. I was so full of adrenaline- I kind of just flailed around a lot.

Hello, Bryce Quinlan. My name is Rhysand.

That line sent me into a state of shock. Bryce didn’t go to Hel- she went to the Night Court! I can’t even put into words how excited I am.

I haven’t even read A Court of Silver Flames yet! Does this mean the two series are going to converge? My puny brain can’t handle this.

As always, Sarah J. Maas always knows how to get her audience on the edges of their seats and creates a story that encapsulates the word epic. She builds such a large and interesting set of characters and everything intertwines perfectly.

What did you think of House of Sky and Breath? 

No comments:

Post a Comment