Saturday 30 January 2021

de Vincent series by Jennifer L. Armentrout | BOOK REVIEW

Non-spoiler

.

MOONLIGHT SINS

* * * *

I can’t resist a good romance book and this gave me everything I wanted. I love that there was a bit more secrecy wrapped into the story, creating a thriller/mystery type romance that kept me glued to the page. It had humour, it had plot twists and it had a scorching romance.

Lucian was a great love interest and Julia was also really endearing. I liked the pace of their relationship and it was great to see cameos of them in future books as well. Lucian is definitely the funniest and flirtiest of the de Vincent brothers. Out of all three books, this was my second favourites.

MOONLIGHT SEDUCTION 

* * * *

This was my least favourite of the three, but I still really enjoyed it. Nikki was a great protagonist and I preferred her to Julia but… Gabe is my least favourite de Vincent brother. There’s nothing even wrong with him but he didn’t make me laugh or intrigue me like the other two did.

Again, this book had so much more depth than just romance and, while the ending wasn’t as surprising as the first book, it was still entertaining. I also loved how the events at the end of this book directly led on to the beginning of the next.

MOONLIGHT SCANDAL

* * * * *

Dev may seem like the coldest and harshest brother but… I found that so interesting! I couldn’t wait to read in his perspective and get his take on why he does the things he does. I also loved his dynamic with Rosie. Moonlight Sins is strangers-to-lovers. Moonlight Seduction was friends-to-lovers. Moonlight Scandal, however, was enemies-to-lovers and I such a sucker for this trope because there’s so many snide comments and sarcasm that make me laugh and bring me joy! Dev and Rosie were definitely the most entertaining couple of them all which made this my favourite book.

This book also had me on the edge of my seat and shocked me the most. There were plot twists I never saw coming and all the little loose ends were tied up in such a satisfying way. There was so much to learn about Dev’s experiences and the romance was the best in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment