Saturday 27 January 2018

January Birthday Haul 2018

I got a lot of amazing things this month as it was my birthday and my family and friends are amazing to get me so many lovely gifts. Without further adieu...

PRE-BIRTHDAY
Groot t-shirt
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 in December and I loved it!! Baby Groot is the cutest thing in all existence and, when I saw this shirt on Amazon, I had to get it.

Iron Man ARC Reactor T-shirt
I also wanted to get an Amazon shirt dedicated to my favourite Marvel character because Iron Man is the reason I became obsessed with the MCU and Tony Stark is a brilliantly complex character who I adore.


POST-BIRTHDAY
If There's No Tomorrow- Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my favourite authors and she also happens to release at least four books a year... the woman pops out books like nobodies business. And I will forever be grateful for it.


Skin Deep- Laura Jarrett
I've read this book a few times but always on my kindle and I wanted this book in a physical copy because I love it so much. Laura Jarrett is a very underrated author but she writes amazing contemporary reads. I'd really recommend Skin Deep, Louder than Words and By Any Other Name (they're all fantastic).

Falling Kingdoms- Morgan Rhodes
I've heard so many great things about this series and I've been wanting to get into it for so long!! I love a good fantasy series and these books have been recommended many a time. So, here I am.

Wonder Woman: Warbringer- Leigh Bardugo
Despite me being Team Marvel completely, I do love Wonder Woman and really wanted to read this book. I love the idea of making superheroes into YA books and I'm really interested to see Leigh Bardugo's take on the super heroine.

Age of Ultron Marvel Comic
Because I am Team Marvel, my brother got me this awesome comic. Generally, I'm not a massive comic book reader but I like having a comic that inspires some of my favourite movies (E.g. I have the first Walking Dead comic as well). This is to honour how much I love the TV adaptations by crediting the comics at least once. And I'm excited to read this!


Westworld Season 1 DVD
I'm so ready to re-watch this series again and again and again and again. Until season 2 comes out in Spring and my obsession is satiated (let's face it, my obsession will never be satiated... it'll only grow). This is a stunning series and I'd recommend it to everyone! It's clever, exciting and blows your mind! Trust me, go watch it.

The Vampire Diaries Season 8 DVD
This is the final series of one my ultimate favourite TV shows. TVD will always have a special place in my heart and this series finale had me sobbing because something I've loved since I was ten has finished... it means a lot to me.

The Walking Dead Season 7 DVD
Though I've only watched up to Season 4, I'm stocking up on these series. I now have every season on DVD which means I can binge them all in one go!! What a great and productive use of my time!

Anastasia DVD
This is one of my favourite Disney movies but I never watched it much when I was young because I was scared of the villain.... Anywho, I'm excited to watch it again now that I'm older and no longer scared of cartoon evil geniuses (as much) and can't wait for the nostalgia to wash over me (likely with my own tears because I'm no longer young and impressionable).


You Me At Six- Night People CD
You Me At Six is one of my favourite bands and I was so excited to get my hands on their newest album. My favourite album of their's is Cavalier Youth but I need to give this one a good listen and make my decision then.

Taylor Swift- Reputation CD
I've been so obsessed with Taylor Swift lately and I love her new album! My favourite tracks have to be I Did Something Bad and Don't Blame Me because I can't get them out of my head!! As much as I love old Taylor, I do quite like the new one too... like in every other aspect of my life.. I'm easily pleased.



Marvel T-shirt
Did you know that I like Marvel now? Have I mentioned it?? At least once or twice??? This is such a cute and quirky shirt and I love it. My personal favourite Marvel character/cat pun is Lokitty... tell me that isn't the cutest imagery ever.


Game of Thrones Letter Opener
I have a personal vendetta against letters because I find them so bleedin' difficult to open. So, I asked for a letter opener to dispel all my (very serious) problems and I got a GOT one! It's so cute and will spend just as much time displayed on my bookshelf as actually used to open letters. It's just so pretty!!!



I also got a bunch of gift cards which will be a lot of fun to spend and will likely cause a nice fandom haul later...
Waterstones Gift Cards
Odeon (Cinema) Gift Card
This will be buying me a ticket to Black Panther in February which I'm so pumped for!
Amazon Gift Card
Primark Gift Card






The Perfect Cup of Tea set
And last, but not least, my lovely friend Kaitlin made me a tea set because.... I'm British, okay?!? It comes with the territory. The cool mug has now become my writing mug so I can have a calming cuppa when my writing is driving me insane... This is was such an amazing and thoughtful gift so thank you, Kaitlin!!! xx


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments: