Thursday 11 January 2018

Iron Man 2 MOVIE TALK


91%
There are varying opinions on the second Iron Man but I really enjoyed it. The villains may've been a bit poor but the story was still enjoyable and a lot of fun. It had the same brilliant humour and an underline of romance which instantly earns brownie points to me because I'm a sucker for a romance.
Robert Downey Jnr. plays Tony Stark as if he's made for the role like always and we also had the addition of Black Widow which was super cool because I love watching bad-ass female characters.


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I loved the beginning with the Stark Expo and Tony taking full advantage of his superhero fame. I find it so entertaining to watch because no other superhero does this! They're all too perfect and selfless which makes it so beautifully refreshing to watch Tony make the most of his popularity.
We had the court room conversation which wasn't my favourite scene but it was still great because... Tony Stark was in it. He's so charming, cocky and hilarious that I can't help but love him.
We find out that his arc reactor is poisoning himself and... I was never really worried that it'd hurt him. There wasn't high stakes and resolving it all was pretty quick and minor. With the help of Jarvis, Tony created a new element and... that was the end of that. I will say that I do quite like all the graphics that Tony uses when he's doing sciencey stuff. Considering this movie was made in 2010, the cool holograms are transfixing to watch.
I also loved seeing Pepper because she's downright amazing. Tony made her the CEO of his company which was awesome because she's such a strong and capable character and it shows that you don't have to be physically superior to be considered strong. Pepper is confident, intelligent and has a great mind that all together makes me love her.
We had the growth of Pepper and Tony's relationship in this (Pepperony forever!!) and I liked how Pepper made Tony work for it. Neither of them had fully admitted their feelings for each other and it's understandable that Pepper was a bit distant at times in this movie because he is known for being a bit of a playboy (I think 'a bit' is an understatement but, whatever). I loved watching Tony's attempts to win her over (especially the strawberries that he forgot she was allergic to!!) because, even though he fails at getting his feelings across sometimes, his heart is always in the right place.
We had the introduction of Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow) in this movie which was awesome because Pepper was holding the fort for all females on her own up to now. Having seen the Avengers, I will say that I preferred Black Widow in the Avengers but she still kicked ass pretty awesomely in this movie. It was great watching her taking down Happy and then being completely bad-ass later in the movie. I won't go into the injustice of Natasha being one of the only females in the Avengers but I do love that she's just as good as the others without even having superpowers (we need a Black Widow movie already).
We had the whole car race scene which was, admittedly, a bit random but it ended up being so cool! Our main villain Ivan (Whiplash) showed up and there was such an awesome fight! I love Tony's suitcase Iron Man suit that just popped out of it's case and the action was nicely done in this scene. Ivan ended up in prison but not for long because our buddy Hammer helps him escape!
I will say that the villains in this movie weren't amazing and were pretty one dimensional but I love Tony so much and he makes up for any lack in other characters.
We had Tony's birthday party and I had so much fun!! Obviously, at this point, Tony thinks this will be his last birthday because of the arc reactor poisoning him and, hell, Tony Stark knows how to throw one hell of a party (why am I not surprised?).
And when Rhodey used a suit and we saw the first glimpse of War Machine?! The whole fight between Iron Man and War Machine was epic- especially with the funky music in the background.
Halfway through this movie, we had a Nick Fury appearance and the first mention of the Avengers (fangirling!!!!). Tony is considered too unstable to be part of the Avengers and I can totally see where they're coming from but we all know he ends up in the Avengers (and is the best one!).
With Hammer's resources, Ivan ends up making a bunch of drones to fight Iron Man and Hammer unveils it at the Stark Expo. This is where the awesome fighting sequences show up again. We had both War Machine and Iron Man fighting these drones and it was epic- a bit of ACDC in the background making everything even better. I will say that they defeated the drones pretty quickly and easily but that'd be my only issue.
Tony then shoots off to save pepper from an exploding drone just in the nick of time. And then they kiss (about time, am I right?)! And then my ship is sailing and my heart is soaring because they are just too perfect for each other!!
We had a small post-credit scene of SHIELD finding Thor's hammer and... it got me super excited.

Overall, this was an epic movie and I thoroughly enjoyed the addition to Tony's story.

Thanks for reading! Fee free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I need to re-watch this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely- especially as Infinity War is fast approaching!!!

      Delete