Tuesday 2 January 2018

Best Books of 2017

I don't feel like I read too many books this year but there are still a selection of my favourites. When I looked back over the books I reads this year, I'm quite disappointed with how little new books there were. I'm not a stranger to re-reading books but I found it really hard to comprise this list because there weren't actually that many new reads that really wowed me....  but hopefully next year will be better.

Sidenote: the books in the following list weren't necessarily released in 2017 but were read by me for the first time this year.

A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3)- Sarah J. Maas
These books may not be in order but this would definitely be at the top of any list. While ACOMAF still maintains my favourite, this instalment was an epic finale and, with Sarah, you can't expect anything less than perfection. I love the characters in this series with all my heart and am so happy we're getting another spin-off trilogy with them in because I was not ready to say goodbye.
A Court of Wings and Ruin Book Talk


The Struggle (Titan #3)- Jennifer L. Armentrout
I read this in the early months of the year but I can still remember how much I loved it. Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my all-time favourite authors and this series gives me life every year. The Titan series is a spin-off of the Covenant series and they have a really big place in my heart. All of JLA's books are fantastic and this one is no exception. I can't wait for the final book in this series to come out next year.... although I'm nervous because I don't want anyone to die.
The Struggle Book Talk





It Ends With Us- Colleen Hoover
I seem to only read one Colleen Hoover book a year which is weird. Last year it was November 9 and this year it was It Ends With Us. I loved this book. It made me feel a lot of feels and it was extremely thought-provoking. Like a classic Colleen Hoover book, it reduced me to a puddle of sobs and it really stayed with me.
It Ends With Us Book Talk





Blood for Blood (Wolf by Wolf #2)- Ryan Graudin
This was actually released in 2016 but it took me ridiculously long to actually pick it up. And I really loved. It was exciting from the very first page and I loved watching all the secrets be revealed and all the things I wanted to happen come into play. It was a tragically beautiful ending to the duology and it left me sobbing for way too long. I was a wreck.
Blood for Blood Book Talk



Perfect- (Flawed #2)- Cecelia Ahern
This was another great finale of a duology that I was greatly anticipating this year. This duology has such strong characters and I fell in love with how this finished off the story. The series was so well finished and everything was left tied up and polished.
Perfect Book Talk



Vicious- V. E. Schwab

V. E. Schwab has a constant hype around her books and I'd never even picked one up.... enter Vicious. This book was so amazing and gripping from the very beginning. It had beautifully deep and complex characters and it nearly gave me a heart attack on multiple occasions (brilliant for imagination, bad for my health). I can't wait to get into more of her books next year.
Vicious Book Talk




Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2)- Cassandra Clare
And, of course, we have Lord of Shadows. I didn't enjoy it as much as Lady Midnight but this book was still brilliant and worthy of being a best book of 2017. So many things happened in this book that I feel like I've been waiting forever for and I'm super excited we're getting the finale to the trilogy in 2018.
(Sorry no Book Talk. I never finished it and will have to wait until I re-read the book for better details).

Honourable mentions:
Optimists Die First- Susin Nielson
Always and Forever, Lara Jean- Jenny Han
Poison Study- Maria V. Snyder

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what were your favourite reads this year? Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. ACOWAR is high on my list as well! It Ends With Us is on my shelves but haven't picked it up yet.. I hope I will next year :)

    ReplyDelete