Saturday 16 December 2017

The Joy of Christmas BOOK TAG

Yes, yes, I must be really struggling for content as I'm doing yet another tag. I just thought it'd be nice to do some more Xmas tags on the run up to Christmas and they allow me to mention books I may not usually praise as much.
Plus, I'm struggling for content....

1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release are you most anticipating?
A Court of Frost and Starlight- Sarah J. Maas
I don't think this is particularly a surprise. The ACOTAR series is my ultimate favourite and I cannot physically wait for the spin-off books to come out. This instalment is set a little while after ACOWAR and, while Sarah says it will be a novella, I'm betting it will end up as a full length novel (we all know what happened with Tower of Dawn). But no matter how long it is, I will treasure each and every page because these books have the best ever characters and plot points!



2. Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it's praises?
The Morganville Vampires series- Rachel Caine
I don't feel like I talk about these books enough. Yes, it's a daunting series with 15 books and a novella but I can safely say it's worth it. The plot is so fun and the characters are hilarious and simply amazing. The good thing about having such a long series is that the relationships become so complex and intricate and the character development is so rewarding. It's not your typical cheesy-vampire books and I definitely need a re-read of this series.






3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
The Lunar Chronicles- Marissa Meyer
This series is beautiful. Each book focuses on a different fairy tale but they then all link together and build to create this huge plot and fascinating story. The world built is so creative with all the elements of technology and magic and it's a fantastic series that everyone should read.





4. A Christmas Carol: Favourite classic or one that you want to read?
I'll pass on classic and just give a book I love to read on the run up to Christmas...
Undone- Cat Clarke
I don't know why this is such a wintery read for me but it might because a certain death takes place on the 23rd October... maybe I subconsciously want to mourn the character every year or something. Despite it not exactly being a warm and Christmassy read, I love it so much and love delving deeper into the details every year.




5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
Stalking Jack the Ripper- Kerri Maniscalo
I have never read this book but the premise grabs me straight away! It sounds so brilliantly unique and I've heard great things about it. It sounds really clever and, if I don't get it for Christmas, I will be looking into getting it myself.
Plus, the cover is so compelling (minus the Christmas decorations).





6. Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling?
The Gallagher Academy series- Ally Carter
I read this so many years ago and it was one of the series that truly got me into reading. It's so fun and gripping and exciting. I will forever have a place in my heart for these books and every time I re-read them (or even think about them) I get so inexplicably happy and start grinning. The characters were so influential to me as I grew up and have inspired me a lot through my life.







7. Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers?
Cue the beautiful covers.... (I'll try and stray from the ones I always do).




8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas and/or some of your favourite Christmas memories?
So, this is an odd question unrelated to books but nevertheless...
I love the whole day of Christmas. I love the warm routine of waking up in the morning really early and going downstairs to watch a movie with my brother before waking our parents.We open some presents and then the day truly begins as we see all our family, have Christmas dinner and open presents (a classic Christmas day really). I love my family so much and getting to spend the day seeing everyone is such a high for me. The best parts are always the small family traditions that we do without fail and the amount of laughing we all do in one day.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Merry Christmas!
Chloe

1 comment: