Tuesday 12 December 2017

Jurassic World MOVIE TALK

75% (movie rating)
It took me way too long to watch this movie, especially as it has Chris Pratt in it. And, honestly, I loved it. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting but in the best way possible. For some reason, I had odd low expectations and now I'm just so ready for the sequel to come out next year. 
The effects were amazing and watching the dinosaurs was just so satisfying and exciting. The acting was great and the plot progressed nicely with a satisfying end. It was a lovely twist on the original Jurassic Park and I would definitely recommend giving it a watch.

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I really loved the set up of this world. Seeing the amusement park in it's entirety was stunning and, if it was real, I would definitely end up visiting a theme park full of dinosaurs. We got to see some of the rides within the park and it looks so amazing. If our technology advanced enough, it would definitely happen in real life (despite the unnecessary extremes of health and safety nowadays).
Chris Pratt was awesome. I think this may have been the first movie I've ever seen him (crazy, I know) but now I can safely say he's a great actor. I liked the character of Owen- my only disappointment being that he wasn't as funny as I thought he was going to be. I don't know whether this is simply because I know that Chris Pratt is hilarious and I was assuming that would be an added element of his character. 
Image result for jurassic world memesI also liked Claire. At times. Sure, she was a bit controlling and completely irresponsible when it came to her nephews whereabouts but that was definitely not the stupidest thing about her. What I couldn't get over was her insane insistence to where heels throughout the entire movie!!! Wouldn't you think she'd take at least a minute to change footwear or even to wear nothing! Every time she was running away from dinosaurs I was rolling my eyes because no one would survive that long in heels. Nevertheless, she was an interesting character and I liked her arc through the movie. 
We had the two compulsory kids in this and they were generally entertaining. We had the younger geeky kid, Gray (aka. kid in Iron Man 3) and we also had the stereotypical older teen brother who is a jerk and checks out girls (aka. Generic YA Movie guy). Despite the painful stereotypes, I did like the characters and their development throughout the film. Even though they had many moments of mindless stupidity, I enjoyed watching them grow closer as siblings.
The movie's main issue was the Indominus Rex escaping from it's cage which, in a zoo full of dinosaurs, is inevitable really. It was a great 'monster' in general but I do think that it was a tad unrealistic with just how intelligent the dinosaur was. I was a bit dubious on how the Rex could do all these cool things very conveniently to help it escape.
I loved the growing relationship between Claire and Owen even if it was blindingly obvious from the very beginning. Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for romance and even if it shaved very few minutes off the movie's running time, I couldn't help but swoon a little when they kissed (because who wouldn't want to kiss Chris Pratt?).
Overall, this movie was very entertaining and I have very high hopes for the sequel. The movie was gripping, intense and all the effects were done extremely well. It nicely referenced the original, Jurassic Park, and it worked really well as a movie.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe 

2 comments: