Saturday 23 September 2017

Series I Will Never Finish

We all come across those books, those series, that you start but simply can't finish. This could be because of a variety of reasons but, ultimately, it's because you're not enjoying it. You can't justify struggling through the rest of the series when there's so many books and so little time.
So, I thought I'd list some series that I never plan on finishing... some may be controversial so please do tell me if some series get better as they go along. I have different reasons for each one and would generally not recommend picking up these books... maybe avoid them instead.
NO SPOILERS 


Daughter of Smoke and Bone series- Laini Taylor 
I've most recently read this book and, while I enjoyed it, I don't think I can continue. I flicked through the sequel and everything seemed so slow and boring- the things that I wanted to happen didn't even occur until the end of the book. This series had so much potential and I started out really enjoying it... but the story went in a direction that I didn't want to follow.




The Selection series- Kiera Cass
Now, when I first read the original trilogy, I loved these books. I may always have a guilty pleasure of them even though I'd probably hate them if I re-read it. But, needlessly, Kiera Cass has added on another two books from the protagonists' daughter's POV and I'm just not into it. It's like history repeating itself and I'm never going to be in the mood to re-read a recycled version of the original trilogy.






Fallen series- Lauren Kate 
Similar to the Selection, Lauren Kate has added on book to a series that was already four books too long. I forged through and finished the original four-book series (hating it the whole way) and now there's even more books?? I don't need this frustration in my life!!
And it's such a shame because these covers are stunning!







Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series- Ransom Riggs 
I read the first book and liked it. I wasn't crazy or obsessed with it and now... I can barely remember what happened. I'd need to re-read it in order to continue the series and I just... don't wanna do that. There are so many better and exciting book I could spending my time with.





Uglies series- Scott Westerfeld
I read the first two books.... and it was a whole lotta rubbish (I'm sorry if you love it). I didn't mind the first book but the sequel was so beyond random that I couldn't continue. I don't even remember much of it but I do know that the second book was such a disappointment to me and I couldn't face it getting even worse as the series progressed.





Across the Universe series- Beth Revis
I read this many years ago and, while it was okay, I simply had no desire to read on. I can barely even remember what happened but I know that all the sci-fi technology and general plot didn't interest me in the slightest.







The Raven Boys- Maggie Stiefvater
This is my most dreaded book. I've tried to read this so many times but have never gotten further than a few chapters. I just can't get into it! It's odd, confusing and I really don't have time for it. I've also read the Shiver trilogy by Maggie and, while I managed to finish the series, it wasn't super... I'm just personally not a fan of her writing style.




Noughts and Crosses series- Malorie Blackman
I read this a good four years ago and I still really like it. I liked the premise, the story, the characters and the only thing I didn't like was the fact that it's a series. I tried to read the second book but didn't enjoy the loss of original protagonists and I really think this book could've been a standalone- it is for me, anyway.






Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same about Miss Peregrine's but Hollow City is really good and so much better

    ReplyDelete