Saturday 30 September 2017

September Wrap Up 2017

This month was a month of re-reads... I started college and really didn't fancy pushing myself through even more unfamiliar territory- it was too much for my brain. I was quite content sticking to older reads and feeling safe and familiar in worlds I know I love.

Origin (Lux #4)- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read) 
Opposition (Lux #5)- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read)
* * * * * 
JLA is one of my favourite authors and I just had the urge to re-read the ending of this beautiful series. I skipped to the best books in the series and fell in love with the world and characters all over again. Her books are so entertaining and it instantly lifted my spirits.





Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell (Re-read)
* * * *
This was such a perfect read for me right now. I enjoyed it so much more as I'm now in Cath's position a lot more and I've also read Carry On which means I get all of the Simon Snow references. This book was so nice to fall into and helped a lot through this month.






Soulmates- Holly Bourne (Re-read)
* * * * *
I've re-read this book so many times and I still love it every single time. I was probably around 10 when first picking this up so, as I'm re-reading at 16, there are many smaller details that I pick up on and would usually have an issue with but... I love this book too much to flaw it. Yes, it may be a bit insta-lovey but it's totally legitimate and understandable in this story.
Every time I get to the end of this book, I shut myself in my room and listen to The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin on repeat cause I know exactly what's coming... it never gets any easier.




Dangerous Rock- Crystal Kaswell
* * *
I was in the mood for a quick, romantic contemporary and this book didn't disappoint. A couple get totally drunk and married in Vegas one night and it's about them dealing with this and maybe falling for each other in the process.... I really enjoyed it and it was the light, easy read that I needed.


The Bone Season- Samantha Shannon
This was September's Book of the Month- a joint book that both me and Kaitlin (Liber Amoris) read during the month. I may not have finished this book but I just about started it and that's all that counts. It seems a little heavy at the moment but hopefully I can power through.







Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment