Sunday 19 June 2016

Father's Day Best Fictional Fathers

In honour of Fathers' day, I've decided to list some of my favourite fathers in fiction! And, boy, was this harder than it sounds! I'm scanning through my book shelf and it's nearly impossible to find good dads! The majority of books have either absentee dads, dead dads or pure evil dads (there was no way Valentine Morgenstern was making this list). Nevertheless, I have succeeded in finding a generous amount of great fictional fathers to share with you! Book dads and TV dads galore!

Books (In no particular order)


1. Lara Jean's dad- To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Jenny Han
This book has such a good feeling of family which we don't get enough of in YA and Lara Jean's dad is a perfect example of the perfect dad. He's so supportive and is really appreciated in this series.



2. Marcus Byrn- Half Bad, Sally Green
Marcus may have been the 'villain' at the beginning of this series but I thought he was so entertaining! He dominated his scenes so well and he was pretty bad-ass- lets face it. I wouldn't want him as a dad, personally but... come on, it was hard to find amazing dads!!!







3. Aiden Cavanaugh- My Soul to Take, Rachel Vincent
I loved Aiden throughout the whole Soul Screamer series. His loyalty and dedication to Kaylee was heart-warming and he was such a lovely character.




4. Hans Hubermann- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
Hans was the best father anyone could have! I've already said this in my BOOK TALK but he was such a great father! He is the most kind and caring father that I have ever read about and we need more fathers like Hans Hubermann!





5. Arthur Weasley- Harry Potter, J. K. Rowling
I could not create this list and not include Arthur Weasley. Arthur was such a source of humour in the Harry Potter books and he just seemed like the coolest dad! I personally think that Arthur would be an amazing dad to have!







TV Shows + Movies (In no particular order)


1. Alaric Saltzman (Matt Davis) - The Vampire Diaries
SEASON 7 SPOILER!!!!
I know we haven't seen much of Alaric's parenting skills but I couldn't resist adding him in this list! Alaric is one of my favourite TVD characters and I was so excited when the twins had survived through Caroline! Obviously, Alaric is going to be a stunning dad and I'm so extremely happy for him.







2. Sheriff Stilinski (Linden Ashby) -Teen Wolf
Sheriff Stilinski is so awesome! His relationship with Stiles is so adorable and he is so cool! It's funny and cute when Stiles and his dad are arguing and it's so entertaining!




3. Chris Argent (J. R. Bourne) -Teen Wolf
And the second Teen Wolf father has to be Chris. He has a lovely bond with Allison and he's really kick-ass too! I've always thought he was awesome which automatically qualified him for this list.



4. Brian Mills (Liam Neeson)- Taken trilogy
Obviously, any role that Liam Neeson takes on is going to be kick-ass. He's such a protective father in these films and that's sure lucky for his daughter! And, at the risk of sounding like a psychopath, it's pretty impressive that he can kill people in so many...creative ways. A handle skill to have, I guess...




5. Ross Geller (David Schwimmer) -Friends
And probably the nerdiest of all the dads... Ross!!! Friends has to be one of my top favourite TV shows and Ross is so amazing! He's hilarious and makes a great dad. I mean- who doesn't love Ross?   








6. Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan)- The Vampire Diaries/ The Originals
And, last but not least: Klaus!!! Klaus is no doubt the most violent of all the dads but he's also one of the most protective. He would do anything to protect Hope and, man, is he awesome. I know he's sometimes- what's the word?- evil, but deep down he's a nice guy. Give him a little bit of credit.






Thanks for reading! Comment any of your favourite fictional fathers! See you soon,
Chloe



2 comments:

  1. I love your TV/movies choices! I love all of those characters. I can't agree with the books because I haven't read those. (This is a really random question now but) Are you Irish? I'm Irish and I know father's day was Sunday but it could be in other countries too. And, the web address it .ie to hahah. Sorry if I sound weird, I'm just wondering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately,I'm not Irish but I totally wish I was! Irish accents are my favourite- they sound so beautiful! I'm from the UK and Father's Day is on the same day. Thanks for commenting! Xx

    ReplyDelete