Wednesday 13 April 2016

Would You Rather Book Tag

1. Only read series or standalone books?
Series. Standalones are okay but I think that series are definitely more worth the read. In series there is so much more character development and you get so much more material on the characters that you love. For me, this question's easy.
2. Only female authors or only male authors?
I don't want to seem sexist but, any day, I would go with female authors. It's not that I dislike male authors; I don't. There are plenty of books that I love by male authors but it just happens that most of the books I read are by females. I have way more female books compared to male and it just naturally happens like that- I don't do it on purpose. I don't go out of my way to read female books. So, that's why I would only read books with female authors.
3. Bookstore or online?
This is hard because normally I would say bookstore as I buy books from there more. I only order books online if I can't ever find them at a shop. But, if this was for the rest of my life and I could only pick one, I would go with online. The way I see it; there's no guarantee that you can get every book from a store but you can get everything online.

4. All books become movies or TV shows?
I'm gonna say TV show just because I think that it would give the writers a better chance at staying more loyal to the book. However, in the past I think that movie adaptations have been better done than TV shows. Just look at Harry Potter and The Hunger Games- they're so much better in movie form then they would have been as a TV show. To be honest, I think it all depends on the director, writers and actors that pick up the adaptation.
5. 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
Five books a week, all the way. Five pages a day would be extremely painful and I feel like the reads wouldn't be as good because of how disconnected they would feel.
6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
My dream is to become an author. I'm currently writing a book and it's amazing to finally write up a proper story. I love writing and I 've always wanted to write my own book one day.
7. Only read your top 20 books over and over or only read different books?
I would only read different books. As much as it pains me to never be able to re-read my favourites, this question is a no-brainer. There are millions of other books out there. You'll find new favourites. (Ps. I can't narrow my favourites list to only 20 books!!!)
8. Librarian or bookseller?
I would have to go bookseller. I wouldn't like the fact that, as a librarian, I would have to lend out books and they would come back in terrible condition. I wouldn't want to give the books away. I never lend out my own books so why would this be any different? And as a bookseller, I would be able to get books pre-release date so that they were ready to go on shelves!
9. Only read your favourite genre or only read every other genre but you favourite?
This is sort of similar to question 7 but it honestly depends on what books count as what genre. Fantasy is my favourite but there are so many differences and variations in the fantasy genre- urban fantasy, high fantasy, romantic fantasy. So, if all of those books counted as fantasy, I would go with my favourite genre all the time because that's what I enjoy most and there's so many different books you can get within that genre.
10. Physical or ebooks?
Physical books all the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment